With the world of fast fashion (which we both admittedly participate in), it is easy to forget about where the products we buy come from. With that in mind, here is a short list of some great products and brands that work great, and do their part to be socially or environmentally conscious.
1. Luna Foreo Mini 2 Special Edition: 100% off the net proceeds go towards marine conservation! The Foreo is a cleansing brush that uses T-Sonic vibration to clean out your pores and improve your complexion. Plus it's made out of hygienic silicone that resists bacteria. It feels pretty luxe to deep-clean every morning and night.
2. Soko Jewelry: Soko is headquartered in San Francisco, but production is by Kenyan artisans. Soko provides market access to marginalized artists who quadruple their annual income by working with Soko. All of the jewelry is extremely attractive and well-made (we both own bracelets and necklaces).
3. Amour Vert: Another SF-based company! Amour Vert uses sustainable fabrics and non-toxic dyes to create modern, minimalist pieces that will last you from season to season.
4. Matt & Nat: Vegan and eco-friendly. Neither of us are vegetarian, and love the quality of leather. But, there is something to be said for Matt & Nat's eco-philosophy. The brand uses recycled materials, including tires and plastic water bottles to reduce waste while making bags that any blogger would be happy to wear.
5. Tarte: They aren't kidding when they say 'High Performance Naturals.' Tarte uses eco-friendly (and skin-friendly) ingredients to make long-lasting cosmetics. Mal personally loves the Smooth Operator Clay Powder...it makes your makeup look really smooth!