A while back (like pre-Valentine's Day), we visited the Prynt office and got the super awesome Prynt iPhone printer to try out. There are other phone printers out there, but the Prynt isn't just a printer (or prynter)...check it out:
Basically, Prynt is making our Harry Potter dreams come true. When taking a photo, the app also takes a short 5 second video and makes a boomerang-like animation. After you print your photo, you can scan it to see it come to life! They have an app where you can share your scans...but don't worry, you can also save your scans to post them on Instagram.
What we like:
- Easy to use...charge it, load in the photo paper and download the app to get started.
- You can preview your photo/video before printing, meaning you don't waste a bunch of photo paper if the photo doesn't come out right.
- There is built-in photo editing to adjust your photo. You can even add text or drawings.
- You can save drafts...even if you don't have your Prynt attached to your phone. This is really nice in case you don't feel like carrying your Prynt somewhere. You can use the app to take the photo/video and print it later. You can even combine an existing photo and video from your library to make a Prynt.
- You can record your scan to create a video, so you can show everyone your moving photos.
What we don't like:
- The photo quality could be better. The photos come out a bit grainy when printed (i.e. they don't look like a photo you got printed at a photo center).
- The machine is a bit bulky...but still way smaller/convenient than our Instax cameras. With the draft feature, this issue is even less important, because you can always leave it at home and print later.
- The built in editor does not edit the video itself, just the photo. So, if your video comes out a bit too dark for example, there is no fixing it.
Overall, we love the Prynt. I brought it on my trip to DC/New York and my friends were mesmerized. It was such a fun way to save memories from the trip!